Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Star!

This horse was a crappy jumper...

....but he had a great heart. In true horse fashion, he was a follower...obedient, subservient, and willing to take on whatever personality that was demanded of him. I rode my "All American Boy" to an area championship that was really way beyond his natural abilities as a jumper. But he did it because I told him he could. So what keeps me (or any of us) from believing that well in ourselves?? So many lessons we can learn from our pets!!! This horse was the epitome of "I think I can" and it was under my guidance. He believed me when I told him that he was a star...and then he proved to me that he was. How is that for heart?? He died several years ago (an old man) but when I think about it, I do remember the lesson he taught me... if you believe you can then it will happen. Way to go boy!

3 comments:

kristenweber said...

good little message there julia :) i'll have to keep that in mind during the long run and the ride this weekend. good luck with your race. oh, and my feelings are hurt that i'm not one of your blogger buddies. seriously, i thought we were tight :)

Julia said...

OMG!!! MY BAD!!! Love and kisses girlfriend! Have a good weekend!

Unknown said...

I like this post;-)