Monday, October 6, 2008

Electic Austin Rogue Post

Ok, this is a running blog (or a running at the mouth blog??) My intention was to write a race report on the Texas Twister Trail Race this past weekend. Then, I played my first wiffle ball match on Sunday and wanted to share that. Then, I enjoyed Karen's hospitality, Steve's speech giving, and Ruth's kitchen skills (!!!) at the Rogue team meeting. And THEN, I read Mike's post on the degradation of the world's wildlife population and now have a mix of anger, bewilderment, and frustration swirling about in my head. So...I have no other option than to put it all in a jingle. (to the tune of John Lennon's "Imagine" and for Pete's sake look it up if you honestly don't know that tune!!!!!!!!)

Imagine a Bryan trail run,
30K you can try,
Joe put together a good one,
Not a person did die.
Imagine shady, soft trails,
calling for your feet...

Imagine grown up people
With us that's hard to do
We played with a skinny plastic bat
And a little plastic ball too
Imagine tempting heart attacks
'cause we just wanna have fun... woo hoo...

You may say I'm a lunatic
But you know you are one too,
We have to save the planet earth.
It is up to me and you.

Imagine all your Rogue friends,
Together in a lovely place,
We eat and drink with our buddies
And get excited about our race,
Imagine what we can accomplish,
because we are a team... woo hoo...

You may say I'm a lunatic,
But you know you are one too,
We have to save the planet earth.
It is up to me and you.

And that is all I have to say (sing) about that. Peace and Love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's awesome!!! Love the chorus...yes, we're all lunatics but Imagine being normal aka BORING!!!