Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Medium Long 10/7

Did my 15 miles on the South Austin Ramble redo with Nedra this morning. Thanks to Nedra we stayed in a really steady rhythm even though she was having stomach issues all morning! We started out with some scary dude stories and kept that up for a few. But, the weather wasn't nice and cool this morning as we got into our easy/get it done tempos. It did seem to go on forever and at one point Nedra said "I feel like we should be in San Marcos by now!" which I found very amusing. We had lost our other compadres at the 12 mile turn around and were trudging along thinking that we should perhaps turn around at the 14 marker. Then we saw Ruth carefully working her way down the road on her injured leg and were inspired by that. Then we saw our 15 mile runner buddies heading back home and just kept trucking. So we managed to hit the 15 turnaround (although kinda by accident) and headed home ourselves. Getting tired, we slogged up the hill before the church and found Ruth waiting for us with her drunk Irish buddy chatting her ear off. We both found this highly amusing (although I am sure Ruth was a little over it) and it gave us some impulsion for our run back in. I wore my Garmin this morning but did not look at any pacing times...just wanted a mileage log. Plugged it in at home and saw the paces...ugh...but wait, counting in the water stops, lights, and potty breaks we were pretty steady. Maybe one day I will actually be able to do this for myself! Once again, my friends are my inspiration.

3 comments:

MW said...

Nice job!
I hate running n my own.
Unless i'm on the greenbelt, i have big problems getting past 7 miles.

kristenweber said...

you should be happy. especially after a tough 18m trail run over the weekend! see you on thursday!

Dee said...

Awesome job Julia...you got the mileage in.