Saturday, October 25, 2008

How the Body Glides.

I never had to use body glide when I first started running. Midway through Pikes training I learned its usefulness in protecting sensitive underarm skin from the sports bra...all good.

Well, I don't know what it is lately but I have needed to use it for some of my long runs...a little on the arms, a little on the thighs, and once near my shoe tops. Ok, I am cool with that...except today...I forgot it. Needless to say, this turned out to be one of those "need it" days because for whatever reason, my inner thighs (sorry, maybe TMI) turned to sandpaper. Yowza! So, I came home and figured out how to get in the shower after losing a layer (or more!!!) of skin. Now I will share it with you:

From the baby department (thank you granddaughter June) I grabbed some Desitin (yes, it is stinky) and in the most brave fashion, I slathered it all over my missing skin areas before hitting the water. Hey, pain management is for running...not for showering or bathing. Takes a while to wash this off but man, was it worth it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a freak!!! too funny...whatever it takes;-)

kirsten said...

I've been there too. Interestingly my thighs have slimmed down enough that I don't have that chub rub any more. I get chaffing on my calves and around the band on my bra. I forgot the glide today too!

kirsten said...

After my second shower today I discovered a new chaffing zone - the small of my back!