Saturday, January 31, 2009

Missed Workout

I did not do my long run today. It feels weird... I rarely miss a workout. But since our Thursday workout, I have been sneezing and wheezing. Finally last night I had to resort to sleeping most of the night in a chair, pumped full of Benedryl and Pepcid (it is an anti-histamine too!) Around 3am I was finally able to lay down and keep breathing at the same time. The alarm rang at 4:15 (a reminder that I was going to miss my time with my friends) and I shut it off so I could sleep for another few hours. Already this morning I am sneezing so I am wondering if it is headed back into my lungs. I am getting really tired of this! Never have I had such allergy problems! Certainly, I have never had the whole lung shut down symptoms until the last couple of years. Maybe I have finally just become allergic to Texas... Guess I better start a savings account for a visit to the Allergist...

2 comments:

kirsten said...

I think the allergies are getting worse. The good news is, I'm getting better at outsmarting them. You didn't miss anything except another boring trip around the Austin Marathon course - yawn. Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

I hear ya on the allergist. I think I'll do the same thing. It's not worth the insanity it causes when you have to miss runs;-(