Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Great Idea!

Well the FOMO (fear of missing out) got the better of me this morning and I got with my girlfriends, Claire and Katie, for a run from Barton Springs! This is a great idea! We did 6 easy miles...meeting at the standard 5:30AM...and were done and on our way by 6:30.

It is pretty easy (relatively speaking) to get up at 4am again since you've just done it the day before. And, since the mileage is short, I do believe I can do this and get back up north to teach at 7:30. I will just keep dry clothes in the car. The horses don't care if you stink.

We are planning to meet at BS on Wednesdays (like the train dudes and dudettes) and start running by 5:30am. Some may also want to meet on Mondays...gotta get this mileage in somehow.

My thigh hurt so much yesterday that I made an ART appointment for today. Of course, it didn't bother me today for the first time in a month!! So...I did not go. I rescheduled for next week in case it comes up again during the Bandera Trail Race this weekend. Maybe the thought of spending money on more pain has cured me!!

Thanks to Claire and Katie for a fun run this morning!! 3 good ones in a row!! woo hoo! That is enough perk for at least the next month of training!!

3 comments:

MW said...

Welcome to BS!
If you would, please let your friend know that she parked in my parking spot. ; )

Julia said...

Mike! That is SO funny! I pulled up to Rogue the other morning and someone was in MY spot!!! What the hell????? hahahaha

Dee said...

I plan to start running at BS on Wednesday mornings as well. Good to see you this morning.