Saturday, February 7, 2009

Slogging good time...not!!

Today was my first run post fever and chills week. I did 10 miles of the long run and it was pretty yukky! So much for having fresh legs from not running all week! I think my body fighting infection made me more tired than any of my training! Anyway, it was not pretty (or fun!) but I got through the gale force winds to do it. Hopefully I will have a little better "sea legs" before the marathon next weekend. I am still hacking like a smoker but it is better. I have to say... I was never sick this often (or this bad!) when I did not eat meat. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

School has also been busy for me. Math sucks (still) and I am trying to get through it without shooting myself. The only upside is that it makes my Physics class a little less painful (at least that isn't ALL math.) And I am sorry Sadie...I know you think math is cool. Ugh... I like poetry.

Two more weeks til my birthday. I was planning to do a big shindig but I haven't had the energy for it... esp. now that there is a mandatory Soul Buster that day! I am gonna be 50 this year. That seems a little weird still. I mean, I am ok with it and stuff. And, I know that it really isn't THAT old but... I just don't really know how it happened! Last thing I remember I was about 19! Anyway, just thinking about it. Downside...my dad died at 62. Upside...I am in a new age group now :)

Looking forward to next week and getting back to normal...whatever that is!!

5 comments:

Jon said...

Glad to hear you're felling better - we miss you! Take care of yourself - but you kept the physics class? :)

Jon said...

Damn - I mean feeling better.

kirsten said...

I was pretty sick for about a week a couple of summers ago - took me a few weeks to get back in the groove but I got there. So will you. Glad you are starting to feel better.

Sadie J said...

If you need any help with the math homework, let me know :). Poetry is way cooler than math.

Priscilla said...

My bday is on the 19th, we're the same sign!! Pisces rock :) Hope you feel better!