Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just try...

...to love the little things in life; like running in the rain. (Hinder)

Wet and wonderful run this morning with the team! Temps were in the 40s. Plenty of water stops. New team members!

I ran 12 miles this morning in my build toward 60/70. Trying for 50 this week after a 45 last week. Tempo is much steadier as I start this training and I stayed between 8:15 and 8:45 this morning with an easy effort. This makes a couple good runs so far... that hasn't been the case in a LONG time!

I have a weird little ache in my left thigh which does bug me some but I dunno what it is so I will just run with it. Ruth thought I should visit with Carmen about my biomechanics and Steve thought I should get some massage/PT work done. I think those are both great ideas!! I try not to worry/think about it since I do NOT plan on being sidelined AGAIN this year!! Guess I better think about it enough to take care of it!

Many of the team are doing "outside" runs as small groups on Mondays and/or Wednesdays. I kinda like that idea. Brenda and I were talking this morning about how it would be easier to just stay on a schedule of getting up and running early during the week. I agree. Of course, I actually work (sorta) on my "off" days but I still think I may try to get in to town for an early run regardless. Sure makes it nice to have company and to get it done first thing!

On that note... think I may hit the team forum later and come up with a Wednesday plan! Lovin' life today... after running in the rain!!!

No comments: