Tuesday, March 3, 2009

White Bird

So this afternoon, I left my Physics class and headed out onto Lamar to venture homeward. The wind was blowing like crazy. While I sat at the light to turn west on 6th Street, a white bird flashed by my car and sat down on the grass next to me. It was pure white and beautiful. I noticed that it was a dove, and not a pigeon as I originally thought. The lovely face and slim neck was illuminated by its bright color. I immediately decided it was a girl and wondered where she came from...unusual to see white doves flying about here. Then I remembered, it is my mom's birthday today. And in my own weirdo little way, I guess this was the gift she sent to me. And as I drove along, the song "White Bird" by Its a Beautiful Day played in my head.

"The sunsets come, the sunsets go.
The clouds roll by,and the earth turns old.
And the young bird's eyes do always glow."

Happy Birthday Mom...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She totally sent that White Dove to you.

How sweet!