Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round

...instead of falling off again!!

Today's run wasn't easy or fast but it was SO much better than last week. Already, my body is responding to the days off and the decrease in mileage. By the time I reached the track (after 20+) I felt ok and Steve let me run the first two MGP miles. The plan had been to run none of the track miles so I was relieved to run a couple and listened when he told me not to run any more... I feel like I can go to my weight workout with a better heart tomorrow (saving my next short run for Tuesday...)

Since I have also been instructed to stay on the trails once a week, I can say that part of my better mood today can likely be attributed to my run on the trails at Rocky Hill Ranch yesterday. Nothing like running in the mud and then downing mimosas and migas with friends to clear the head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PogKE70oC4

Last night, before I turned in, I watched this "old" Pike's Peak video made by Dan Keitz for our Rogue 2006 Pikes team. I have said that I love to run because I love to compete...and that is true...but this video also reminds me of the childish pleasure I get from romping around with my friends too... Check it out!

No comments: