Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Winter Wonderland - Texas Style

Nine miles with Steve and some of our team mates around Town Lake this morning. It was crisp (33 degrees) and had a xmasy (new word) kinda mist in the air. Great weather for an easy cruise. I ran with Angie, who is recovering from strep and an abcessed tonsil. That knocked her right down to my pace and I was glad because she is good company.

Been thinking of my office hours visit yesterday and decided to concentrate on building up my mileage to 60 per week. I have been encouraged that I have gone a few months now with no major injuries, etc... My build up for CIM was only able to be at 45 to 50ish but even that was huge for me as far as feeling a little more strong again. Office hours are very helpful to me since it keeps me (sorta) from running off "half-cocked" and putting too much on my plate. One thing at a time...

Missed you guys that weren't there! And, excited about seeing some of my buddies from Pike's Peak '06 joining our team for 2009!! Happy Holidays!

No comments: