Sunday, December 7, 2008

No on PR

But YES on PRoud!

My race plan did not include a PR. It was about learning to negative split and I totally nailed it. I kept my 3:40 pace (pretty damn regular too!!) until mile 19 as per coach Steve's instructions and then...

All in the sevens with the LAST mile at 6:31!!!!!!!!!!!!

I imagined running in the soul buster where we all ran on the track after the long run and I really thought, "Piece of cake..."

Was it painful? Duh. But not really until mile 23. What a change from my last marathon!

And what of my race buds?? They were awesome!! Keeping my head out of my a-- and holding my pace was a breeze BECAUSE OF THEM! What an incredible team we have!

Today I feel good...like I may actually figure this racing thing out some day...

3 comments:

kristenbaucher said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Wish I could've been there to see it!

kirsten said...

Congratulations Julie - I'm thoroughly impressed. You made an awesome comeback!

Unknown said...

Great job!!! I agree it's much better racing with our peeps!