Thursday, December 18, 2008

Emergency!

What do broke people do who have no health insurance? Well, they sit in the parking lot of the emergency room at North Austin Hospital (the best and cheapest BTW) in hopes that the triple amount of benadryl they just took will knock down this little allergic reaction that is closing down the lungs. Gee whiz. I did not do my run today dammit because I decided that a tiny little bit of exedrin would be ok to swallow to alleviate an ocular migraine. (It is hard to shop when you are blind.) Apparently not. So, when the doc tells you that you are allergic to ibuprofen and that may mean you are allergic to aspirin as well… believe them. I spent two hours in the parking lot of the hospital today waiting for my face to start becoming less swollen and my chest to stop wheezing. Where is my Epipen shot?? Still packed in my CA luggage at home! I miss national health care… sigh…

What I learned:

• If you are allergic to ibuprofen, stay away from aspirin as well. (in other words, listen to the doctor)
• Always try to run in the morning before I do anything stupid to sideline myself.
• Always have your Epipen shot with you.
• Vote YES on National Health care
• Google “how to get rid of an ocular migraine.”
• Carry benadryl that is easier to open.
• AND, thank God for Team Rogue training because I can go quite some time with no oxygen…

On the UP side...

I LOVE the weather today. Foggy weather is a favorite of mine! Dreaming of werewolves, witches, and scary things in the forest!!!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

OMG, so glad you're ok!!