Thursday, February 12, 2009

Darwin Day

It is Darwin's 200th bithday today...and about 150 years since he published his "Origin of Species" book with his theories of Evolution. I find this quite interesting for two reasons... first of all, 150 years is not so long ago, about a lifetime and a half...second of all, I was raised (with a strong set of morals) but completely devoid of any type of religion. I was introduced to many world religions in my travels - both as a kid and as an adult - but my homelife never included any indoctrination into one. So...CNN's article on Darwin states that their independent poll on the subject shows that only 14% of Americans believe in Evolution. I find this fasinating and I wish it wasn't such a politically incorrect subject to discuss. Just the fact that this surprises the Hell out of me, tells me that I still have a lot to learn about human nature. Another topic for the long runs?? I dunno. Have we evoled enough emotionally to discuss subjects like this? I can't help but be curious...respectfully curious...

1 comment:

JohnF said...

I don't believe that poll data.