Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wonder Of It All!!

This is Audrey... A 1989 Mercedes 560SL...you may have seen her this morning. She is what I want to be. Older, but a classic beauty. And when you hit the gas petal...she is a rocket!

The repeated attempts (and successes) of my squirrel buddies to jump onto the bird feeder are truly amazing...running Spiderman up the wall, super squirrel leaps from the potted plants... unreal. I have increased my squirrel food lay outs today (it is cold and windy!!) because I understand needing a little perk now and again...

My own repeated attempts at getting my running grove back are seeming more and more Herculean as the road blocks just keep on a comin'. I have added & subtracted miles, googled, relaxed, and whirlpooled. I have gymed, Happy Office Houred, blogged, and Meredithed. My last resolution was to work on sleeping and I have had some successes at 7 and 8 hour nights in the last couple of weeks. Still, I cannot seem to recover.

So... while maintaining my watch items above (and buying NEW SHOES - which are certainly a necessity,) I have decided to toy around a little with vitamin or mineral supplementation. Been there once before... with a little iron depletion so I know some things are indeed necessary. I don't actually know what I am doing with this AND I know you can cause yourself some problems with this but damn... don't have any other ideas at this point!!!!

Since having the flu (or whatever) a month ago, I have had a UI (TMI!!) and now have an abcessed tooth. SOMETHING is going on with my bitching (and not in a good way!) body!!! All my running in this month has been a test in pain management...cramping, fatigue, etc... I don't think the health issues are the cause. I think it is the other way around. So, after much research (again!) I am contemplating Magnesium supplementation. If any of you have any input on that I would be interested.

There is a lot to learn about one's own physical body. Geez!!! I won't even attempt to figure out my mental side...don't have that many years left for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just trying to be like Audrey...that's all...


1 comment:

kirsten said...

I don't know a lot about vitamins but have started taking them in an attempt to fire me up a little. No fire noted! I am lucky to be in generally good health but my legs are rarely happy - especially not today!! Am going to suck it up til Boston, do my best there and then try something new.
Hope you feel better soon Julia and in the mean time remember as much as we all want to run fast, it all comes down to enjoying oneself (I think).