Saturday, November 15, 2008

Miles To Go

Thirty miles today. Hoo boy...

I haven't posted in a couple to weeks because I was in a bad humor. (yeah, for two weeks) I had been feeling better with my running after such a long time and thinking that I could actually get through all my miles at CIM. Had a 22 and a 24 under my belt with no walking. Then I got sick...just for a week but damn...I took the week off and then ran the next week but felt terrible. Ran with Katie last weekend and could not even go 20, I had to cut it off at 15.

Now, I know that isn't the end of the world but geez...I was so discouraged. I haven't felt good in such a long time that I really wanted to keep that feeling that I was coming through all that. Anyway, I had a really hard time keeping the self pity at bay all week with rough, trudging workouts. whine, whine...

So today I nervously planned to do 27 with my buddies, knowing I could turn around if I needed...and wondering if I could make the longer one of 30. Sure enough my buddies carried me through the whole 27 miles. (Don't ya LOVE our bunch???) And, after downing my 4th GU I decided that I could make the other 3 miles on my own. I left my girls at the turn for home and did my last 3 on my own on the trail and up Waller. 30 miles total. Nerves settled. Confidence re-pumped.

Anyway, today I was AGAIN reminded of how lucky I am that I am a part of such a great group. From how much I missed my work outs when I stayed home, to how sweet everyone was when I came back but was kinda puny, to how running with everyone today kept me motivated. Now, it is time for me to go to bed so I can hit the road to SA in the morning and cheer for more of my fellow Rogue friends...knowing I likely need them more than they need me!!

3 comments:

MW said...

awesome!!!

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Glad your confidence is back!

kirsten said...

Yay Julia... Awesome job!! 30 miles ....excellent!!!