Monday, November 17, 2008

Awesome!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of driving to San Antonio with John and fellow team Roguer Roger to watch our team mates running in the Rock n Roll Marathon. The parking and viewing opportunities were pretty good and I got to see several of our runners at mile markers 8, 10, 21, and the end.

At 8 and 10 everybody looked pretty fresh and strong. On the drive to mile 21 we had to drop off a specator at mile 16 and we HAD to stop for snacks because we were starving! So...we missed Kevin and Ramon buzzing through but managed to get there to see Kristen come trotting through like a little filly on her way out to play in the pasture. With the exception of Larry and a few others coming by after Kristen, most did not look so chipper. Soon we saw Cheryl coming and I swear she could have been skipping along singing, "la, la, la..." She looked truly like a happy little smurf trucking by. Then Angie appeared with the same easy gait that she had at mile 8. She flashed that same big smile and wave and bebopped on up the road.

We waited a bit longer and got to see many more souls trudging by. I have to say that our team mates looked like A MILLION BUCKS compared to most of the crowd. What a huge inspiration it was to see them looking SO GOOD!! Everyone had terrific times as well so I hope that they are as proud of their performances as I am!! I swear even Steve was walking around all puffed up! And rightfully so! We rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

kristenweber said...

thanks so much for being there! you're awesome!

Dr M said...

I found your blogs while searching "Hospice" in "Blog World"!!! I enjoyed your messages. You may want to check out, "The Journey Learned". We have much in common and a simular message to share. Feel free to forward my blog to others.

Thanks,

Dr M